Web Push in Retail
Digital channels have become a great tool for the retail sector to connect with their audience. To establish effective communication, web push notifications can become more than necessary.
Push customer journeys: benefits
A strategic step to bring the brand closer to customers is to use websites and applications, without forgetting push notifications. One of the goals of these messages is to reduce the tendency of abandoned carts by the customer and help retargeting. If you are interested in online marketing topics like these, we invite you to subscribe to our indigitall website and discover our services.
In cases where the user abandons the shopping cart, the most efficient push messages can be “the order is in progress”, or “I have just processed your order”. They are messages aimed at reactivating the purchase. We can use the in app push or web channels, which are slightly different, since the first is used if the customer is on a PC and the second if the purchase is from a mobile phone.
When the user abandons the shopping cart, the most efficient push messages can be “enjoy free delivery finishing the purchase within two hours” or “hurry up, this promotion ends in 24 hours”. Both web push and push app notifications are essential for retargeting actions, either through notifications in the browser (for mobile and desktop) and for the app, respectively.
Attracting the customer to the point of sale is one of the great objectives of retail. But how can technology help us? At indigitall we recommend the use of geolocated communications. Once we know where they are, we can program very precise and personalized actions, through push messages. For example:
- Offer them a discount or a promotion when the customer passes by a store.
- Announce openings of new stores in a specific area or neighborhood.
- In shopping malls, we can notify the customer that we are there and what we offer.
- Remind the user that they have a digital abandoned cart when they pass near an establishment.
Use of the mobile wallet
The Mobile Wallet allows you to send messages to promote the brand and boost sales: the user only needs to scan a QR code and press the button that adds the new card in the Wallet. From that moment, the company can send notifications while the user will store them in the Wallet for future use.
The mobile wallet can provide many benefits to online marketing in the retail sector without technical development:
- Full availability for customers: available at all times.
- Digital loyalty cards: support for environmental commitment.
- Reactivate the relationship with your customers and sell more: strengthen communication with the customer and increase revenue.
- Capture the audience at the point of sale: build loyalty to your target audience.
- Unlimited shipping: No monthly limits.
In short, the retail sector can find multiple benefits in the use of mobile wallet and push notifications. If you want to know how to install it in your business, you can follow us on our social networks, or try a demo of our product, totally free.